I miss the scale…but not really, now that I’m thinking about it. My first day without the scale was great, I felt calm, peaceful, and relax. It feels like I’m living a fit life now. It’s a big relief to not always thinking about the scale or weight loss!
I’ve other issues that I need to work on as well, like the list below. The list is a quiz from FitWoman that I find to be useful.
- I am unhappy with myself the way I am.
- I am preoccupied with a desire to be thinner.
- I weigh myself several times a week.
- I am more concerned with the number on the scale than my overall sense of well-being.
- I think about burning up calories when I exercise.
- I am out of tune with my body for natural signals of hunger and fullness.
- I eat for other reasons than physical hunger.
- I eat too quickly, not taking time to focus on my meal and taste, savor and enjoy my food.
- I fail to take time for activities for myself.
- I fluctuate between periods of sensible, nutritious eating and out-of-control eating.
- I give too much time and thought to food.
- I tend to skip meals, especially early in the day, so I can “save up” my food for one big feast.
- I engage in all-or-nothing thinking.
- I try to be all things to all people.
- I strive for perfection in my life.
- I criticize myself for not achieving my goals.