Every little thing you do will maximize the chance to lose weight successfully. In the past, I often overlooked the little things because I didn’t understand why I should do them. Take the #4 on the list for example , why should I keep a food journal when I can remember everything? The fact is that I’ve alot of things to deal with already so I don’t need to keep it in my head and feel stress about it. Plus, it’s easier to get focused on the overall progress of eating habits. I can’t fool myself how many late-night eatings I had when I’ve the written journal as the evidence. I cannot depend on my thought, because it’s behaving like a lawyer trying to find a loophole.
So here are the little things to do to lose weight successfully :
- Graph your progress. This one is very important! Work for the trend. It’s like stock market, you need to have some understanding in the trend to succeed. You will understand your weight loss process better if you know how your progress looks like. It helps you to focus on trends rather than weekly weigh in, which could fluctuate from week to week. You’ll feel less frustrated and happier over the progress. It will also help you understand that you didn’t blow your diet or weight loss process just because you’ve gone up a few pounds. There are still time to push the trend down.
- Make a video of yourself exercising and watch it. It’ll be weird watching yourself, lol. I think this is a good technique to prevent yourself from overeating and keep your goal insight. You might considered not to eat the cake when you see yourself exercising so hard. Here’s the big picture: you’ll notice all the flab that jiggle and ask yourself, is it really worth it to eat this much and then have to exercise that hard? Plus, you’ll feel you have exercise already just by watching and don’t eat. It will keep you occupied thinking about that than turning to food.
- List the reasons why you want to lose weight on an index card. As I wrote in earlier post on Top 10 reasons to lose weight, thoughts are fantasies. If you write it down you’ll focus much better at the tasks.
- Keep food journal. You’ll have an overlook and feel if you have been eating healthy enough or how much you really have for the snacks. A few days of junk foods may be ok but more than that, then it’s time to turn the wheels. Keeping food journal will also help you to look at the progress and not day by day.
- Read other weight loss blogs. I said read not visit 🙂 It will put your thinking cap on and make you want to lose weight. You’ll learn from their misstakes and successes. Leaving encourage comments to others is like hypnotizing yourself to do better.
- Start blogging about your weight loss journey. You’ll definately have the thinking cap on and perhaps new idea will emerge. You’ll get lots of support and focus better. Not convince? John is fit has written 4 reasons you should be writing a weight loss blog.
- Write down your anti-craving techniques. When it hits, go through the list. It might not work the first time, but it will eventually. The Beck Diet Solution list really good examples how to think when you’re having cravings.
- Eat fruit after the meal to lessen the cravings. It didn’t work right away for me but it does after a few weeks. If it doesn’t, at least your body will get the extra nutritions it needs.
- Choose exercises that are easy to follow, but still giving you the sweat! If it’s too hard, you’ll feel dreaded and just end up stop doing it in the long run.